Grene is a well-known eCommerce brand based in Poland that sells a wide range of agricultural-related products. Over the years, the eCommerce behemoth has conducted numerous successful A/B tests, one of which was a redesign of its mini cart page to highlight in-page elements.
Grene’s team discovered the following while analysing their mini cart page:
- assuming the “Free Delivery” USP is a clickable button, hoping for more information This was causing a lot of strife.
- having difficulty seeing the total of each item in the cart.
- scrolling down to the cart page and clicking the “Go To Cart” CTA button
This is how the design looked before:
Based on the identified issues, the company decided to make the following changes to their mini cart page and use VWO services to A/B test their hypotheses.
- added a CTA button to the top of the mini cart to assist users in quickly navigating to the main cart page
- added a remove button on the right side of each item (to prevent accidental clicks) and the total value of each product
- To make the “Go To Cart” CTA button more visible, They increased its size.
The variation looked like this after changes were done:
Grene saw the following results after running the campaign for 36 days:
- Visits to the cart page have increased.
- The overall eCommerce conversion rate increased from 1.83% to 1.96%.
- Increase in total purchased quantity by twofold.
With the assistance of VWO Services, GRENE has been using VWO to A/B test all of their experience optimization ideas.
As a result, they saw an increase in several metrics that have a direct impact on their business from 2017 to 2018: